A bit of a mental week in the grand scheme of things at the Fringe.This was the week of reviewers - we went from having no one coming in which got this here producer worried but then they all came in a flurry and we had The Scotsman, The Stage, Broadway Baby, Fringe Review, A Younger Theatre, Edinblogger and Fest in! Amazing!
So here is my week in a roundup.
- 1 day off. Woohoo! Date day with Robin.
- 3 comedy shows seen, 1 kids show, 1 musical and 1 amazing circus show watched Beyond!
- 1 failed attempt to see any shows. I got confused with times and dates...things just didn't work out.
- 1 good friend caught up with about all things producing and 2 pieces of amazing cake eaten with lattes at Brew Lab.
- 1 random meeting with pals I didn't know were up in Edinburgh - drinks galore!
- 1 sore tummy after laughing so much at a friend being dragged onstage to dance at The Horne Section.
- 1 amazing plate of nachos eaten and great gin drunk at 56 North.
- 1 music festival attended and seen my favourite band ever right at the barrier - Frightened Rabbit. Did I mention we were right at the barrier?!?
- 1 AWARD WON! Hello Scotsman Fringe First! So so proud of the amazing and wonderful #TeamSanitise
- 1 evening spent wandering around Edinburgh taking photos of Mel cleaning things around Edinburgh
- 1 production trailer perfected.
- 1 time doing the half price hut, sadly we only sold one ticket that way, but you live and learn and definitely worth trying it.
- Lots of people spoke to including some lovely fellow flyerers selling their shows. Hello flyering pals!
- 1 portrait taken when flyering. Talk about rabbit in the headlights.
- 1 rainstorm caught in resulting in 2 casualties, my brolly and my brogues. Drowned rat springs to mind.
- 1 trip to primark as a result of getting caught in the afore-mentioned rainstorm and new shoes, tights and brolly purchased
- 1 nights in bed before 1.30pm
- A sleepover and lots of laughter with some of my best pals. Fringe banter at it's very best.
- The excitement at giving out my first business card!
- Had a low moment in the middle of the week where I was just fed up of being ignored when flyering, so had a bit of a sit for 20 minutes and regrouped with a cup of tea and went right back out there.
- Had a slice of pizza as big as my FACE! Sadly no pics of that one.
- A roller coaster of emotions
- We had lots of fun with beermats!
- Drank champagne at the Pommery Champagne Bar.
- Celebrity spot - John Bishop striding past at Bristo Square on one flyering shift.
- Celebrity photo - Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) and Hannah Murray (Gilly) from Game of Thrones! They were so lovely!!
- Lovecrumbs cake for dinner.
- 1 blogger event at Godiva attended - so much fun!
My Fringe recommendations from this week (other than Sanitise of course!) : -
David O'Doherty, Assembly, 7.30pm. A lovely and hysterical Irish man with a great beard and tiny keyboard. Learn the secret of happiness. Robin and I go and see him every year and just love him. Only thing missing this year was The Beats.
Huff at the Traverse, all day. Technically a kids show, Huff is based on The Three Little Pigs and is a walk through installation, where you go through different rooms and are allowed to explore and discover for yourself. Just lovely!
The Girl Who, Assembly, 4.50pm. A musical by some very talented young artists, performed by very talented students from the RCS! Like a choose your own ending adventure book, the outcome of the show and the choices the main character make are all down to the audience. A great concept with wonderful music and performances.
And that's that.
And that's that.